Complete Fitness and Wellbeing (CFW) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Data controller – A controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
Data processor – A processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller.
Data subject – Natural person
Categories of data: Personal data and special categories of personal data
Personal data – The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier (as explained in Article 6 of GDPR). For example, name, passport number, home address or private email address. Online identifiers include IP addresses and cookies.
Special categories personal data – The GDPR refers to sensitive personal data as ‘special categories of personal data’ (as explained in Article 9 of GDPR). The special categories specifically include genetic data, and biometric data where processed to uniquely identify an individual. Other examples include racial and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health data, trade union membership, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs.
Processing – means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Third party – means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
Who are we?
Complete Fitness and Wellbeing (CFW) is Caroline Kerslake, the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Our contact details are: 6 Oak Road, TN12 6TA. For all data matters contact Caroline Kerslake on 07894812226.
- The purpose(s) of processing your personal data:
We use your personal data for the following purposes:To assist in the planning of your Personal Training, Massage Therapy sessions and other services such as Fitness Classes or Courses as advertised on CFTs website:
Holistic Core Restore® classes or 1-2-1 sessions
TWOga Fit 3rd Age Menopause / Hysterectomy Courses
- Managing your membership and contacting you regarding queries and feedback relevant to the services you have used or are interested in
- Answer enquires from you through this website, via phone or e-mail communication or other ways you have contacted CFW
- Informing you of relevant information relating to CFW and the services it provides you
- Help to improve the services provided by CFW via your feedback
- To send occasional newsletters and marketing relating to the services you have used and other services that may become available through CFW You are able to opt into and out of the newsletters by unchecking the opt in options at any time and updating your preferences.
The categories of personal data concerned
With reference to the categories of personal data described in the definitions section, we process the following categories of your data:
- Personal data collected through the data subject’s completion of CFW’s ‘Consent and Health & Fitness Questionnaire’, Informed Consent for massage therapy and Holistic Core Restore Screening
- Information collated from email, text or telephone communication with the data subject.
Our lawful basis for processing your general personal data:
Explicit consent of the data subject is required. Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of the data controller or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights or freedoms of the data subject. Personal data is required to ensure the client’s health and fitness status is considered when planning and implementing CFW Personal Training and Massage Therapy services and for CFW’s Personal Training and Massage Therapy marketing of its products and services.
Sharing your personal data
No personal data will be shared with (or sold to) third parties unless your permission is given, or it is deemed necessarily e.g. Referral to another health professional for treatment, or colleague who you have shown interest in receiving further information from.
Storage and Third Party
Some communications from CFW may come via third party companies. CFW may use other third parties to store data to enable communication with you, for example, currently information or newsletters are sent through MailChimp. These third parties will have your e-mail address stored and encrypted purely for the use of. All third parties that CFW use are compliant with the current data protection laws. Any data held on CFW computer / phone will be password secure. Any paperwork collected about you, the data subject, will be locked in appropriate storage. CFW will take all reasonable precautions to prevent the loss or misuse of your personal data.
CFW’s website does have cookies – they are small pieces of information sent from a web server to a web browser, which enables the web server to collect information from the browser. This information is used to help improve the site and the use you get from it. You will not be identified from the cookies.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary and we only retain your data for the following purposes and use the following criteria to determine how long to retain your personal data:
- Personal data is required to ensure the clients health and fitness status is considered when planning and implementing CFW’s services
- Personal data is kept for a period of 7 years for insurance purposes if you have completed an informed consent/health and fitness questionnaire and received services from CFW.
- Personal data is used for marketing purposes when the client has subscribed to this service.
- If services are not required and enquiries dealt with, and you do not wish to be kept on the CFW mailing list your personal details will be securely deleted after 28 days.
Providing us with your personal data
You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal data. Knowledge of your current health and fitness status is essential and imperative in providing you with a safe and individualised service from CFW.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was your lawful basis for processing the data
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
Transfer of Data Abroad
We do not transfer personal data outside of the EEA.
Automated Decision Making
We do not use any form of automated decision making in our business.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
How to make a complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, queries, or complaints please in the first instance contact our data protection officer, Caroline Kerslake on 0789 481 2226. If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.