Massage can help with everyday issues
Working on our soft tissue can help:
- You rest and relax. Calm the nervous system and make time for you to stop.
- Postural issues
- Tension, Stress
- Muscular Imbalances arising from everyday life and activities.
- Years of sitting hunched over a computer, compensating in a movement pattern that in turn can lead to more discomfort.
- Anything that can stop the body functioning optimally.
I use a wide variety of techniques that can be applied during a treatment. Massage can be applied superficially but also deep into our connective tissue (fascia) and muscles. The area will warm due to increased blood flow, tissues will loosen, which can help with increased range of motion. Although we may be working on one area of the body, the overall effect will benefit the whole body.
Massage aids not only the muscular system but the skeletal, cardiovascular, digestive, lymphatic, and nervous system.
The aim of a session is to have helped alleviate tension and help the tissue to regain its original shape and form. To allow the nervous system to relax and let go, which help release endorphins, which are our feel-good hormones.
If there is a specific issue, then further treatments may be required.
One treatment will make you feel amazing, but what we do after that session will play a big part in your recovery and ability to help improve your issue.
Home care will be given so you can work on the areas we discuss to help maintain the results from the massage and look at what you can do to prevent it from recurring.
Get the benefits of a massage table but applied in a specially designed massage chair.
Get to the centre of tension in the upper body, with a seated massage.
- You can take a massage even if you are not normally able to lie down for one.
- Fully clothed massage with no use of oils or lotion
- Make the most of your time, a seated massage can be between 15 and 30 minutes, so take time for a massage in your lunch break, in between appointments or before picking the kids up from school.
(Office massages can be provided too)
- A seated massage is a great introduction into what massage can feel like and the benefits you will get from it.
- Treatment is designed for you and your needs.
- Come away feeling relaxed.
- Upper body tension relieved
Do you have an abdominal scar, from a C-section, Hysterectomy, Appendectomy or Laparoscopic procedures?
Scar massage can both reduce tightness and restrictions the scar may have on the surrounding areas of your body? Has your scar had an effect on you in any way?
The process of scar formation starts the moment the body recognises there is a wound – and it sends in the repair team to get to work.
Over a period of days and weeks layers of the skin affected by the cut begin to heal.
The healing process can vary person to person and nutrition, hydration, rest, and movement all play a part in this process.
Once the body has formed scar tissue, we may notice that the area feels tight, moves less and there is a loss of feeling around the scar tissue and our movement above or below or around the scar may be restricted.
We may not acknowledge the scar or notice the changes it has bought to our body, both physically and emotionally.
Massage can be used to help ease and relax tight and sore muscles, enabling you to relax and feel better. Retraining movement patterns and bringing awareness to our bodies.
The same applies to having a scar tissue.
The scar itself may feel OK, but the connective tissue around both the immediate and surrounding tissue can become stuck. These adhesions develop over time and can contribute to that feeling of restriction.
Working on abdominal scars can often address may of the issues mentioned above.
Does any of this resonate with you or:
- If you have recently (or a long time ago) had an abdominal procedure and have a scar?
- If you feel restricted or have discomfort in any part of your body?
- If you have returned to exercise and things don’t feel quite, right?
- If you feel disconnected from your scar?
- If you Pelvic Floor is not working as it used too?
- If you want to know how to work on your scar?
By assessing the scar and surrounding areas and working out a holistic programme of treatment, many symptoms can be alleviated.
To begin with, we will use massage and movement to relax you and warm the muscles, before specific work begins on the areas needing treatment.
We will work above, below, around and maybe on the scar, taking into account the areas around that are restricted or stuck by using a variety of massage techniques and active movement.
Reassessment after the treatment and home care and support will be given too.
Whilst one treatment is a great start, it is recommended to have at least 2 to follow up with to make real changes in the restricted areas.
Having had a couple of one-off massages I decided to book a block of 4 in the summer special offer to really try to sort some niggles out. 3 down & 1 to go & I can feel a difference that is more longer lasting than the one-offs.
Really targeting specific areas is so beneficial & has made me realise that a massage shouldn’t just be seen as a ‘treat’ every so often but is a commitment to looking after my body as I get older & ensuring it keeps working well for me.
You have made me more aware of my body & where I hold tension & it wasn’t always where I thought!
It was FANTASTIC, and I felt like a new woman afterwards! I was able to move my neck so much easier after my massage and all the aches and pains I had, just went away – LOVED IT!
Thank you, Caroline x,
Massage ASSESSMENT & TREATMENT
1 x1 HOUR APPOINTMENT £ 60.00
Pre-Screen and Assessment, Hands on Massage and then Follow Up
3 x1 HOUR APPOINTMENTS £165
6 x1 HOUR APPOINTMENTS £330
Seated Massage Choose HOW LONG £ 15+
Individual Treatment 15-minute Massage £15
20 Minute Massage £20
25 Minute Massage £25
30 Minute Massage £30
To book your massage please Contact me here stating which massage you would like, and I will send you the pre-screen form:
The massage will take place at my home in Five Oak Green.
All treatments are carried out following guidance for Covid. Full PPE will be worn my myself.
- Level 4 award in Sports massage (T3 Education)
- Level 3 Sports Massage (Burrell Education)
- C-Section, Hysterectomy and abdominal Scar Immersion (Burrell Education)
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilisation Course